his training deals with the fundamentals of electricity and wiring of simple circuits, then progresses to residential interior wiring, three phase alternating current power, and wiring of more complex circuits and equipment in the factory. Emphasis is placed on wiring in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC).
It will handle the different kinds of industrial installations in the factory, the operations of AC and DC machines with their applications, the control, maintenance and installations of MICC and armored cables. This program is designed to equip trainees with skills to handle both domestic and industrial electrical works.
This is a very sought after skill in the Nigerian industrial manufacturing sector.
- General Health and Safety
- Electrical Circuits and principle of electricity
- Electrical Wiring (Industrial and Domestic)
- Earthing Installations
- Transformers, Types, Connections, Installation and maintenance
- Electric motors, Types, Connections, Installation and maintenance
- Power Distribution system ( Mains, Distribution Panels, Switch Gear etc)
- Control Systems
- Introduction to PLC (Connections, Ladder Diagrams, Applications, Contractors etc
- Motor starter (Direct Online Starter, Star-Delta Starter, Auto Transformer Starter, Rotor Resistance)
- AC and DC Drives (Types, Connection, Programming)
COURSE DURATION: Full Time: 9 months (inclusive of 3 months Internship) Part Time: 12 months (inclusive of 3 months internship)
AWARD: Certificate of Competency